Thursday, September 16, 2010

Embracing the grey, an update


I believe embracing the grey is working.
On Sunday, I met with C, my friend and running coach. We didn't run. Instead, we shopped for running clothes. When I got into her car, she immediately asked me about my hair.
C: What have you done with your hair? It looks different.
Me: Nothing. Nothing at all.
C: Did you get it coloured lately? It seems reddish.
Me: Nope.
I explained to C that I haven't coloured my hair since sometime in late 2009. It was a waste, I told her, since the dye wouldn't adhere to my grey hair. Two weeks after a dye job, I'd need another dye job. I could no longer justify going to the salon every six weeks just to get my hair coloured.
I think C was a bit impressed. I don't expect everyone to embrace the grey. (And I highly doubt if C has one teeny tiny grey hair on her head. Lucky girl!) But since I've embraced the grey, I feel a bit better about myself. No more worries about budgeting colouring sessions. No more worries about fitting colouring sessions into my schedule. And no more fretting if my grey was showing through my latest colour job. I know my grey is showing and I'm okay with that.

1 comment:

  1. You are brave! I can't accept my grey. I have dark braun hair and even one pile looks brightly.

    ReplyDelete