Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The last day of summer and the weatherman lied

I woke up this morning expecting to haul darling daughter in her green wagon to the park. Instead, I've had to cancel our park plans due to rain, which is annoying as the weatherman said there would be sun today.


So when I noticed the dark, large cloud hovering over my house this morning and no sun in sight, I consulted the Environment Canada website. Instead of the sunny and relatively warm weather that was forecast by my local weatherman during the weather forecast last night, I was welcome to the sight of rain cloud icons on my computer screen. Cloudy, showers, thunderstorms, rain are some of the weather action that is being promised for the next four days.


It may just be me, but September seems to be turning out to be a crappy month weather wise. Sunday was a gorgeous fall day, but summer seemed to have disappeared two days after Labour Day. At this point, predictions of it being a warmer than usual September aren't shaping up to be true.


I guess I should cut the weatherman some slack. He's only human. He doesn't create the weather. He just predicts it. But what a crappy day on the last day of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment