Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Photo Wednesday



This week's edition of photo Wednesday is a stinker, of sorts. It is garbage day on our street. The amount of garbage we place at the curb has been reduced drastically with the faithful use of our organics bin. Our garbage consumption has been further been reduced with the introduction of potty training as there are less diapers going to the landfill.

While I may seem like a bad neighbour for complaining about the following, I am tired of going out every garbage day and seeing the lack of recycling boxes at the curb. Of the residents who use this garbage pad, we are the only ones who use a green bin. Actually, there are only a handful of organics bin users on my street. Except for our blue bins, others of their species are rarely seen at the garbage pad. However, I should mention one of my neighbours did put out their blue bin after this photo was taken. Also, remnants of a dresser were also added to the pile. (Come on people, have you ever heard of an organization called Goodwill?) I will give my immediate neighbour a pass on this because she barely makes any garbage. (It really is quite amazing. I'd like to know her secret).

But please consider this a public plea of sorts: please, please, please consider using the green organics program. It substantially reduces garbage output. Less garbage in bags at the curb is a good thing. Plus, you are paying for the program so you might as well use it.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment