Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Photo Wednesday: Preschool



Today was a momentous milestone for us as darling daughter started preschool.

Wearing her little back pack, it was a wonder that I didn't cry this morning. However, I did shed some tears during last week's orientation session while darling daughter was playing at the various stations preschool staff had set up for the kids. I had to look away and look interested in the reading corner so no one noticed I was getting teary-eyed. It doesn't seem that long ago that we brought her home from the hospital. Now, she is saying full sentences and going to preschool. In no time at all, she'll be going to kindergarten.

There was no tears this morning as there was a flurry of activity as parents filled out last minute forms, paid snack fees and provided immunization information. When I returned, I was welcomed with several pieces of artwork, most of which are laid out to dry in a spare room.

The preschool years have started. It is good for both of us. I have two hours to myself and darling daughter is able to socialize with other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment