Thursday, September 23, 2010

Running towards denial

I'm in denial.

Although summer is officially over, I still dress for it every time I step outside to run.

Headband. Check.

Visor. Check.

Water belt. Check.

T-shirt. Check.

Shorts. Check.

Well, tonight it was damn cold while I was running. I don't know what I was thinking. Earlier in the day, darling daughter and I went to the park and it was a bit chilly. I guess I had tomorrow's warm forecast in my head when I left the house. It was only when I had started out that I realized it wasn't as warm as I thought it would be. I should have worn the new long sleeved shirt I bought two weeks ago, but no matter. When I run I'm committed to finishing, despite the weather conditions. But I really I have to get my mind wrapped around the fact it is fall and I need to start dressing for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment