Friday, September 11, 2009

Doing my part for the economy. Right?!?


I went a little crazy at Old Navy today.

Thanks to Listen to Lena! I learned Old Navy was having a baby and toddler sale. To be honest, I get most of darling daughter's clothes at consignment shops, but I didn't think it would hurt if I took a peek around. One hundred and twenty four dollars later, I walked out of the store with two pairs of pants, two shirts, two pairs of tights, two hoodies, a hat and mitten set, a sweet little dress and a Halloween costume. I couldn't resist the Halloween costume. She is going to look absolutely darling dressed up as a butterfly.

Yeah, I went a little crazy. Now I'm starting to have buyers remorse. Does she really need pants? (Yes she does). Does she really need two hoodies? (Not likely, but they will be warm for the winter and early spring). Does she really need a butterfly costume? (No, but she'll look so darn cute in it.) Now I am torn. Should I take some of this stuff back, or hanging it up in the closet? Argh, sometimes I hate the practical spendthrift in me.

Toy R' Us is having a sale too. I think for my own sanity, as well as my pocket book, it would be best if I stayed away. It is too tempting.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, thanks for the shout out! I already hit the Babies r Us sale this morning (small damage), and will be going to Old Navy just as soon as my husband comes home (I anticipate more damage there).

    Your daughter will look super cute as a butterfly! It's my favourite costume. I think my little guy will be a skunk this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and KEEP EVERYTHING! Buyer's remorse is a fictional state of mind endorsed only by the people at ING ("save your money")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lena. :) I don't think I'm going to take anything back. I tried the butterfly costume on darling daughter this afternoon. She looks so cute. I just can't take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from the sale - my little guy is going to be a lion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure he is going to look adorable in his lion costume. I can't wait for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete