Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting back into the step of things

Right now I am proud of myself.

After a month of excuses, I finally dragged my sorry butt to a BodyStep class. I returned to step in March after a long hiatus. (For those who don't know what I am talking about, here is a post that gives some details about my BodyStep addiction). Up until the beginning of August, I have been dutifully attending every BodyStep class that I can fit into my schedule. But after last month's heatwave, my addiction wane. The lure of the step disappeared. Until tonight when I forced myself to go. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Despite the jammed parking lot and the crowds at the cardio machines, there wasn't many people in the class, which suits me just fine. There is nothing worse than trying to maintain some sort of personal safety circle in a full class. Also, I managed to get some prime real estate near the stage, which is my favourite spot.

I had a good time. I am glad I went. I am confused as to why I stopped. I should have forced myself to go weeks ago. Although darling daughter and I go on a lot of walks in our neighbourhood, nothing beats a good, hard cardio workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment