Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The purge begins




Today I finally got the elbow grease out. But even before I could tackle the clutter downstairs, I had to clean up vomit in the car seat.


To successfully tackle the tasks I need to get done, I arranged daycare for darling daughter with a friend who runs a daycare from her home. This time there were no engine service lights or flat tires to deal with. As soon as I drove up to my friend's house, darling daughter thought it was an opportune time to vomit. Oh, the poor kid. She was so upset and I had no blanket to clean her up with so I had to wrap her in my fleece jacket so I wouldn't get any vomit on me. After cleaning up darling daughter and apologizing profusely to my friend, I left to tackle my task. But first, the car seat needed attention.


This isn't the first time I have had to clean up vomit from a car seat and it probably won't be the last. The first time I was faced with this situation the three of us were driving on an Interstate in New York State to visit a friend. But that time I was in the backseat and I had a blanket handy to catch the vomit.


No such luck this time. When I got home I mixed some water and vinegar solution and started scrubbing. Disgusting. Later in the day when I drove a load of stuff to Goodwill, my car almost smelled like a pickle. Oh well, at least it smelled better than regurgitated toddler cereal and milk.


Today I was ruthless. I got down to brass tacks. I collected items and started backing the car for a trip to Goodwill. I also did a couple loads of laundry and reorganized the closet. Due to lack of closet space in my house, dear husband and I are now sharing one side and darling daughter has the other half. The kid is a damn clothes horse. I continued to reorganize the storage closet downstairs. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but much work still has yet to be done. Here's hoping I can get everything done in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment